2012 has been a year of discovery for me. I discovered lipstick, Ladies & Gentlemen. Has it changed my life? Yes it has. It has changed my makeup life for real and I’m loving it. Just look at me giving you a duck face on New Year’s Eve with my NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream . You can tell I’m loving it.
Anyway, I was at Shoppers Drugmart the other day and saw a brand new pop-up display showcasing the brand new Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick. I picked it up in the shade Couture.
About Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick: Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick is a one-step, ultra comfortable lipstick providing all day colour while giving lips a velvety, suede finish that looks AND feels good! Revlon ColorStay Ultimate SuedeTM Lipstick contains a lip ingredient complex of Shea butter, Vitamin E and Aloe that provides instant moisture to lips – so lips look hydrated, not dry, flaky or dull. In fact, 92% of women tested felt lips looked conditioned! Using Revlon’s ColorStay™ technology, Revlon ColorStay Ultimate SuedeTM Lipstick provides hours of “food-proof” wear with even application for full, creamy colour coverage. And, with 20 on-trend shades to choose from Revlon ColorStay Ultimate SuedeTM Lipstick is the perfect mix of fashion and function!
Let me comment on these claims:
- Comfortable: 100% agreed. It feels good on the lips and I almost forget I have it on.
- All day Color / Food-proof wear: 80% agreed. After 4 hours it dries out to a soft matte color. While I loose the color on the middle of my lips after a meal, I still have a good amount of color left on.
- Velvety: 100%. The application is soft and velvety. The color glides on. I have not had my usual issues with dry or chapped lips lately but I’m thinking that you might wanna make sure your lips are nice and hydrated to make sure it looks nice. But, then again, I feel like applying lipstick on dry or chapped lips never works out nicely.
- Suede finish: I am not sure I would say this lipstick has a suede finish. It is not entirely matte. It has a bit of a sheen to it and I think that it helps in the application.
- Moisturizing: Again, I have to agree. I feel like my lips are moisturized for the first 3 to 4 hours. Then the moisture dries out but it leaves my lips feeling naked, not dry. Contrary to other lip products, I didn’t feel like it sucked the moisture out of my lips. The interesting thing is that when I feel like I do not have any more product on, I look on the mirror and see that I still have quite a bit of colour left behind. I then apply some lipgloss or lipbalm to bring back some moisture.
- Full creamy colour coverage: This I agree with 50% only. It provides medium to full coverage. With Couture I do have to go over a few times before getting the color you see in the swatch below.
So there you have it. The claims are true. I loved this product and didn’t find anything I didn’t like about it. I only tried Couture so far; a very wearable dark cool pink. It comes in 20 shades and I will definitely be getting Backstage next!
Now I have read other reviews online stating that it was drying. I honestly did not feel that it was drying at all. I never expect the moisture from a lipstick to stay on for 3 hours or more and I am ok with reapplying gloss or color during the day, so maybe I am not as demanding as other beauty addicts. I feel like this lipstick not only applies evenly and comfortably but my lips looked good in it several hours in. But that’s me! Let me know how you like it if you try it!
Find it at Shoppers Drugmart, Jean Coutu and all other drugstores