The perfect shade is miiiine mou hou ha ha ha ha Yep that’s how I felt when I finally received my Revlon Colorstay Foundation with Softflex in the Capuccino shade. I usually refer to my complexion as a “sexy chocolat” but a “sexy capuccino” will do if that’s how Revlon wants to call it. I had been using Revlon’s other foundation, Photoready in the same Capuccino shade for a few weeks and liked it quite a lot. I then decided, for the sake of research only, to try Colorstay for Combination/Oily skin to see how it would look on me. A few other bloggers and vloggers I follow seemed to swear by it so I thought I’d give it a try too. Just a quick reminder of the foundations I have used during the last couple of years. As you’ll see I have struggled with finding the right shade.
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation NW45 (ok for winter, a tiny bit too light)
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation NW46 (ok for winter and summer)
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation NW47 (ok for summer)
- MAC Matchmaster in 9 (way too dark)
- MAC Matchmaster in 8 (ok but too red)
- Revlon Photoready in Cappuccino (ok but a tiny bit too light)
And with Revlon’s Colorstay Foundation, I have my Holy Grail foundation with perfect full coverage, perfect shade, not too warm, not too cold, not too thick, not too runny. It stay on for 8 hours without a touch up AND I do not shine. But, since nothing is perfect, I do have a few things to ask Revlon:
- Why doesn’t this foundation have a pump? I have to pour it on the back of my hand and this is NOT the business. Plus I know for a fact that it retails with a pump in Japan…so please get your act together Revlon
- I had to buy this foundation online. Why you ask? Well because, even though this product is available in drugstores, none in Canada and in Canadian online retailers carry my dark & lovely shade. It stops at Toast. Revlon, you know that Canadians do come in darker shades so, again, get it together.Especially because you made the effort of broadening your palette to include more women, why not in Canada?
Apart from these two pretty big complaints, I will stock up on it on ebay because I love it. Have you tried it? Buy here if you are fair skinned. If not, look for your shade on eBay Let me know what you think!
A quick word to tell you that I found a solution for the pump! I just purchased a couple of Airless Bottles with a pump and voilà! You can pick some up on eBay. Click here Also, if you’re looking to buy the Cappucino shade, you can get it on BeautyEncounter.com