Misslyn Nail Polish and I have a similar story! We were both born a little over 30 years ago in Italy! :) The brand then continued its expansion in France and Germany and is now owned by the Artdeco Cosmetics Group. It is available in Canada exclusively at Shopper’s Drugmart. The nail polishes retail for 9.99$ and there are 48 shades available including 8 special effect shades (sparkle etc.) I was lucky enough to receive 4 shades to try: Mambo, Night Club, Valentine and Red Carpet. And there are many things I like about this brand:
- Very consistent: I had the same experience with all 4 shades which is not always the case. You can usually love the consistency and opacity of a specific color (let’s say a dark color) from a brand and dislike another one (like a cream or white). It was not at all the case with Misslyn. Mambo was as opaque and easy to apply as Night Club.
- Opacity: the first coat is already pretty opaque and I never needed more than 2 coats to achieve the perfect color
- True to color: what you see is what you get. The color you see on the bottle is what you will get after 2 coats and that’s great
- Fast drying: so the other day I wanted to paint my toes before starting to assemble my homemade pizzas. I had stumbled upon this FANTASTIC recipe (check it out here) and HAD to try it. I had gotten my pizza dough out of the freezer and into the fridge 24 hours before and was determined to make it happen. But as soon as I applied my second coat of nail polish did I realize that I was missing a key ingredient. CHEESE aaarrrgh! So I had to wear socks, boots and venture into the cold because those pizzas were gonna happen that night. I was determined! It was already late in the evening so I was like “I’m gonna mess up my toes but I gotta go now”. So, out I went. And lo and behold, when I came back I was delighted to see that my nails were still perfect. The Misslyn nail polish dries up QUICKLY and that’s a huge bonus. Sorry for the long story but seriously you gotta try this recipe.
- No chip: Lately I rarely keep on nail polish longer than 4 days but for the 4 days I had Mambo on I noticed minimal wear and no chipping.
- Even application: the brush is thin but applies the nail polish evenly.
Here are the shades I got…As usual my iPhone pic is not the best but the colors do come across pretty well.
Misslyn is a very nice addition to the brands already available in Canada. Great quality and gorgeous color choices! Definitely worth a try.
See below (click the image for a bigger view) the 48 shades available in Canada. Click here to learn more about the brand