I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned this on the blog, but I have a weekly radio segment on Radio Canada were I discuss scientific (or not so scientific sometimes…) studies. From health to society, I cover a bunch of different subjects and the studies are always exciting.
So when I received Make Up Fore Ever’s latest PR about the study that they conducted about women and foundation, I was interested to read its results. The Proprietary Consumer Study Conducted for MUFE by The NPD Group, Inc revealed the following things:
- 73% of women polled say it’s challenging to find the right foundation
- 54% of women polled said the biggest challenge is finding the right shade
- 62% have problem applying foundation
- 52% state that they do not use a tool when applying foundation (with likely means that they apply it with their hands)
- 72% said they keep the same shade all year long (even if they tan during summer then)
Although I do not have problems applying foundation today, I know that it took me quite a bit of time and practice to get the right look and I tried many foundations before finding the one that worked for me.
To help all the ladies that have difficulties finding the right product, the right shade, the right brush or sponge, the right technique to apply foundation, you can go to any Make Up For Ever counter at Sephora from September 19th to October 6th and get a free 15 minute foundation lesson. I was lucky enough to attend the launch of this special event last week in Montreal and was matched to the Mat Velvet Foundation in the shade 85, the Pro Finish in the shade 177.
It’s funny because I remember getting Mat Velvet years ago in a shade that was way too dark for my complexion and, as a result, never going back to MUFE products after that. But hey, better late then never! As you can see I’m loving some of the products I have tried from the brand lately (and have more reviews to come).
If you’re in Montreal or Quebec City, here are the dates of the specific Foundation Events:
- Boutique MAKE UP FOR EVER au Sephora Ste-Catherine (Sept 19th & 20th)
- Sephora Fairview Pointe-Claire (Sept 27 & 28)
- Sephora Les Promenades St-Bruno (Oct 5th)
- Sephora Le Carrefour Laval (Sept 21 & 22)
- Sephora Place Ste-Foy (Sept 27 & 28)
- Sephora Rockland (Oct 5th)
Stay tuned for my reviews of brushes, the HD primer and the Sepia Blue Eyeshadow Palette in the coming days